5 Unexpected Ways to Use a Facial MistThere’s been quite a bit of talk lately about how toner mist is a must-have addition to your beauty arsenal. In fact, some bloggers and skincare experts even claim that you should have a bottle everywhere – at home, in your desk drawer at work, tucked in your gym bag, nestled in your handbag and anywhere else you might be throughout the day.
Why? Keeping a bottle of toner spray on hand has tons of benefits. Not only can face spray provide a quick pick-me-up during the day but there are also so many great alternative uses too.
Of course, our Thayers team wouldn’t dream of leaving you out of the loop on this surprisingly useful trend. Here are five unexpected ways to use a facial toner mist.
1. Freshen Up Your MakeupThat’s right! You can use a toner spray to quickly freshen up your makeup. This works especially well when your foundation has gotten a little cakey or dry.
We suggest using our Thayers Rose Petal Facial Mist for situations like this. Not only does it give you a boost of hydration to reinvigorate your makeup, but the light scent is pleasant, and the rose water provides a subtle glow. It’s a great option when you don’t want to entirely have to reapply your cosmetics but still want to look fresh-faced hours after application.
2. Hydrate Your SkinSometimes your skin can get a little dry due to the environment, UV exposure, stress, or even diet. For this, you’ll need a quality hydrating face mist. While drinking water is super important for your whole body, a toner mist can help perk up your complexion, too.
Our Thayers Coconut Water Facial Mist provides an intense amount of moisturization, making it ideal for those times when your skin is feeling a little dry, or you’ve been outdoors for extended periods of time. In fact, it is the best facial mist for dry skin that we offer.
3. Minimize RednessSpend a little too much time in the sun? You can help reduce redness and soothe irritated skin right away by using a calming facial mist. In fact, this is one of the best methods for keeping inflammation and irritation in that “Did I or didn’t I get a sunburn” phase.
Thayers Cucumber Facial Mist is gentle and includes an alcohol-free formula. Organic aloe vera and cucumber extract come together to soothe and cool your skin, giving you a refreshing feeling while minimizing that dreaded redness. Pro tip: Store in the fridge for the ultimate refreshing experience.
4. Create Better Cosmetic PigmentsOne really surprising way to use toner mist is to create deeper and more vibrant pigments with powdered cosmetics. If you want to give your eyeshadow, blush, highlighter, or other product a bit of a boost, just spritz a little onto a clean makeup brush or blender. The liquid works to improve the color for a new way to customize your look.
Our Thayers Unscented Facial Mist is excellent for this process. Not only does it include our same non-distilled witch hazel, but there’s also no added scent or extra ingredients. Plus, it comes in a TSA approved 3 oz bottle that’s great for keeping in your makeup case.
5. Reduce ShineIf you suffer from oily or acne-prone skin, then you’ll definitely want to keep a quality facial toner mist around. Whether you’re about to take a picture or just happen to glance in the mirror in the middle of the day, there are always times in which a little spritz is a good idea.
For best results, use a toner mist for oily skin, like our Thayers Lavender Facial Mist. Spray a little onto a cotton pad and use it as a normal toner by dabbing it directly onto your trouble spots. Wearing foundation? Instead, just use a light mist and dab away your shiny areas with blotting paper.
Wrap Up: How to Use a Toner MistWhether you’re using a toner mist for dry skin or just want to improve the look of your favorite cosmetics, keeping a bottle of facial spray on hand is always a good idea. While this trend is one that’s been around for a little while, it is definitely one you’ll want to remember in your mental database of skincare tricks.
Thayers products use the same great witch hazel formula that everyone from influencers, media and the average person know and love. Your grandma knew how well our toners worked, which is why she kept it as one of her best beauty secrets. We’ve just made the process a lot easier with our convenient and refreshing facial mist sprays.
Ready to try out the five facial mist tips we’ve included in this blog? Check out our full line of toner mist products now to discover your new favorite.