Witch Hazel is a shrub that can be found in the United States and Canada, from the east coast to as far west as Texas. The plant can grow up to 30 feet high and 20 feet wide. To get the benefits from the shrub, the leaves, bark, and twigs are used to extract a liquid. The liquidated Witch Hazel can alleviate ailments including bug bites, skin irritation, and bruises.
Suggested: 5 Natural Remedies for Bug Bites
The History of The Shrub:
Witch Hazel is not a new concept or fad. Native Americans used Witch Hazel decades before English-settlers arrived on what is now North America. It was a prominent remedy for generations until modern medicine came around.
We have been using Witch Hazel for over 140 years! It perfectly aligns with our philosophy of all natural ingredients. Witch Hazel can be found in Thayers Premium Witch Hazel Toners, Astringent Pads, and After Shave. These products are meant to soothe and revitalize your skin naturally.
Where Can I Apply The Shrub?
The effects of Witch Hazel are powerful but our toners are gentle enough that they feel just like water on your skin. They should be added to your daily skincare routine to reap all the benefits of the magic of Witch Hazel! You can apply it wherever you want on your skin.
Great uses for Witch Hazel include:
- To remove make-up
- Thayers Premium Witch Hazel Toners are great for removing make-up and freshing up your face
- Under your eyes
- This will reduce bags under your eyes because of the anti-inflammatory properties in witch hazel.
- On sunburns
- By applying it to your sunburn, it can help prevent your skin from pealing and can heal it faster
- Since Thayers products with witch hazel have Aloe Vera in them too, the two combined can be powerful on your sunburn
- On bug bites
- It can soothe bug bites and reduce itchiness