Shave Your Way to Better Skin with the Gentlemen’s Collection
Next to teeth brushing, there are few rituals as methodical as shaving. Unlike teeth brushing, however, shaving tends to make men anxious, as one misstep can leave skin worse for the wear. Most men will spend more than six months of his life shaving, yet don’t ever truly master a routine that provides the cleanest, closest, most comfortable shave every time. There’s a lot of trial and error that comes with finding the perfect combination of skincare products that work to conquer those pesky ingrown hairs and razor bumps, yet most men think it’s solely about the razor. Think again.
Enter the Gentlemen’s Collection, our new product trio made to give men the smooth and refined grooming routine they’ve been missing. The days of irritated, post-shave skin will be a thing of the past thanks to our proprietary witch hazel aloe vera formulated trio of products, including a soothing shaving cream, an aftershave lotion that fights razor burn, and an aftershave balm that leaves skin smooth and hydrated, all infused with a refreshing, woody aquatic scent.
Each product can be used on its own, but we recommend using all three and following these steps to enjoy the most optimal benefits:
Step 1: Shave Cream
Lather up with our Shave Cream, which works to soothe the irritation, damage and inflammation caused by shaving. Use it to avoid nicks, cuts, and any unwanted or unsightly bumps caused by shaving.
Step 2: Aftershave Lotion
Follow up your shave with a splash of our Aftershave Lotion to your face and neck. The lotion reduces post-shaving irritation and leaves skin supple to the touch.
Step 3: Aftershave Balm
Finish strong with our Aftershave Balm, which contains coconut oil, jojoba oil and Rosehip oil, to give skin the benefits of supreme hydration and moisture to keep razor burn at bay. Applying this non-greasy, un-sticky buttery balm to your face and neck ensures you will leave the house with the most smooth and distinguished shave to take on the day.
Wouldn’t the thought of shaving be more enjoyable if you knew instant results were obtainable, no matter what kind of razor you use? One of our customers tried it and couldn’t believe his eyes. “This is the first time in my life that I woke up the day after shaving without razor burn, razor rash, or any sort of discomfort or coloring of my skin,” said Eli Schwartzman from Brooklyn, NY. “The Gentlemen’s Collection did wonders on my skin.” The Gentlemen’s Collection will be available soon at Thayers.com and fine retailers nationwide.
Tips and Tricks for a Better Shave:
Want a smoother and calmer shaving experience? Follow these steps to show your razor who’s boss.
- Shower first: The moisture and warmth from the water will soften your skin and loosen hair follicles, making it easier to get a close shave.
- Exfoliate: Using an exfoliating cleanser will help to clear buildup on the skin and minimize razor bumps and ingrown hair.
- Shave in the right direction: Shaving against the way your hair grows can increase the chances of razor burns and ingrown hair. If you don’t know which way your hair grows, wait for one to three days after shaving and run your hand along the same area to determine which direction the hair moves.
- Opt for skin-friendly products: Good post-shave skin comes from choosing the right products. Our Shave Cream, Aftershave Lotion, and Aftershave Balm are infused with our proprietary, certified organic Witch Hazel and Aloe Vera formula, which is gentle and nourishing to the skin.
- Use a light hand: Pressing too hard with your razor will cause more irritation, not a closer shave. A slow and steady motion will yield the best results. Aim to make strokes between one and two inches long.
- Rinse your razor: Be sure to rinse off your razor before each stroke to prevent buildup. The more gunk that accumulates, the patchier your results will be.
- Always finish with sunscreen: Since shaving is a form of exfoliation, freshly shaved skin can become more vulnerable to sunburn. If you go outside after you shave, make sure you apply SPF to the new hairless places on your face and neck that are exposed.